“If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot.” (Stephen King)
ENDANGERED ANIMAL SPECIES OF SLOVENIA
This is my robot. It’s a boy. His name is Brainy.
His face is a big pink square. His nose is a little black heart. His eyes are two white circles. His mouth is a big green rectangle. His ears are two blue triangles. His neck is a small yellow triangle.
His body is a big orange oval. He’s got six little red circles on his body.
His arms are two brown rectangles. His hands are two small yellow stars. His legs are two short purple rectangles. His feet are two small red triangles.
Some more robots by our fifth-graders :
- My robot Candy_by Maja M.
- My robot Creepy_by Nika Š.
- My robot Fatty_by Benjamin L.
- My robot Lily_by Maja M.
- My robot Monster_by Benjamin L.
- My robot Myra_by Larisa B.
- My robot Nik_by Aljaž K.
- My robot Larisa_by Klara J.
And what does your robot look like? 🙂
JOBS AND PROFESSIONS
Click on this picture to find out what we want to be:
CHRISTMAS IN SLOVENIA
Click on the picture and find out about Christmas traditions in Slovenia:
My Minion Family by Taj (CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW!):
My Dogs Family by Karin (CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW!):
My Family Threewall by Leja (CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW!):
My Spooky Family by Sara (CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW!):
The Trolls Family by Eva (CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW!):
Some sixth grade pupils decided to create their own monsters. Some of them are so scary that they will haunt your nightmares, but some of them are really nice or just silly!
You can find them on THIS BLOG, but hey (!), do you have enough courage to read about them? 😉
Glinca’s monsters :
- Dracula (by Brina G.)
- Frank (by Maja M.)
- Linda (by Lucija K.)
- Lord (by Tadej F.)
- Michael (by Patricija T.)
- Oneeye (by Ana S.)
- Pussy Monster (by Beni L.)
- Three-eyed (by Tjaša V.)
- Toby (by Timi J.)
… by 6. A
… by 6. B
LET ME TELL YOU A STORY …
Click on the pictures and enjoy our e-stories! 🙂
1) Little Red Surfing Hood
2) Every Beginning Is Difficult
3) A Girlfriend in Need Is a Girlfriend Indeed
OUR DREAM SCHOOL
Click on the pictures and find out what our dream schools are like.
1) School can be EXTREME – we work as a TEAM!
2) Dream or Scream School?
A whodunnit (for »Who [has] done it?«) is a detective story about a crime and the attempt to discover who committed it.
Glinca’s detectives are our eighth grade pupils. They are also the authors of the whodunnits which you can find on these two blogs: BLOG 1 and BLOG 2. By reading their classmates’ stories they were given the opportunity to investigate each other’s crimes. If you are interested, you can help them too! 😉
Glinca’s whodunnits :
School year: 2013/2014
- A bossy woman got robbed (by Aljaž K.)
- A poisoned dog (by Nina Š.)
- A secret diamond (by Katja P.)
- Murder at the party (by Jan G.)
- Murder in a shop (by Amadej J.)
- Murder in the air (by Maša Z.)
- Murder in the casino (by Rok Ž.)
- Murder in the local supermarket (by Aljaž Ž.)
- Murder in the park (by Nejc G.)
- The death of Jimmy Stinkton (by Robi J.)
- Tragedy at the opera house (by Jan F.)
- Unexpected murder (by Anja A.)
- Where is my Lucy? (by Daša Z.)
School year: 2015/2016
- A disfigured body and a mass murder (by Benjamin L.)
- Candy robber (by Tadej F. & Ana S.)
- Missing child (by Lucija K. & Patricija T.)
- Murder in the park (by Gregor G.)
- Murder in the restaurant (by Maja M. & Tina B.)
- Murder on Halloween (by Brina G. & Peter M.)
- Mysterious killer (by Timotej J. & Tjaša V.)
- Secret Harry’s death (by Nika P. & Sebastjan O.)
LAST NIGHT I HAD A DREAM …
… was the title of the composition the eighth grade pupils had to write for their homework. Some of their dreams turned out to be mysterious and pleasant, but some of them real nightmares!
You can find them on THIS BLOG or you can read them if you click the links below :
- A dream within a dream (by Aljaž K.)
- A shooting gang (by Robi J.)
- A twin shamrock (by Maša Z.)
- Chased by Freddy Krueger (by Jan F.)
- Extreme fishing (by Nejc G.)
- First kiss (by Anja A.)
- I could fly (by Amadej J.)
- In the future (by Aljaž Ž.)
- My strange dream (by Rok Ž.)
- Ninja attack (by Jan G.)
- Saving a planet (by Daša Z.)
- Studio 21 (by Nina Š.)
- Unpleasant seaside holiday (by Katja P.)
THE THREE SCHOOL GHOSTS
A comic by Benjamin Lipnik:
Click on the pictures and enjoy our summer films.
1) Christmas vs. Summer
3) The Joke
4) Summer Love
5) The Storm
6) The Chase
7) Holiday Love
8) Bad Holidays
I went trick-or-treating with my best friends _______, _______, and _______. Our pillowcases were full of candy, and it was getting late, so my friends wanted to go home.
I wanted a few more chocolate bars so I turned to my friends and said, “Let’s knock on a few more doors and then head for home.”
They were worried because they thought it was already too late. “Let’s go home now,” they said to me. I told them not to worry because we could take a shortcut through the old forest.
So after a few more houses, I took my friends to the path that went through the forest. We walked about 20 minutes, and then, suddenly, I felt very strange. I couldn’t remember the way! It was dark and foggy. We were lost. And to make matters worse, it started to rain. And then, it started to pour. Lightning lit up the sky and thunder rang in our ears. We wandered around in the rain for over two hours. We were very wet and very cold. And then, at about midnight, I saw an old abandoned house on a hill.
“I think we’ll have to spend the night in that old house and wait till morning,” I said.
My friends didn’t think it was a good idea, but they were cold and wet, so they agreed. We walked up the old wooden steps to the front door. The door creaked open and we went inside, sat down, and started to eat a chocolate bar when … (http://bogglesworldesl.com)
BLOG 1 – school year: 2014/2015
- … Gertruda realized it wasn’t a chocolate bar. (by Jan F.)
- … Happy Halloween! (by Robi J.)
- … I farted really bad. (by Rok Ž.)
- … I heard a loud bang. (by Jan G.)
- … I saw blood on the wall. (by Aljaž Ž.)
- … I saw two men walking near us. (by Daša Z.)
- … Mike started to choke. (by Anja A.)
- … something moved. (by Amadej J.)
- … the lights turned off. (by Maša Z.)
- … we heard something really strange. (by Nina Š.)
- … we saw a little shadow. (by Nejc G.)
- … we saw something in the dark. (by Aljaž K.)
BLOG 2 – school year: 2016/2017
- … we heard a noise coming from a closet. (by Brina G.)
- … we heard something strange. (by Peter M.)
- … we heard something! (by Gregor G.)
- … someone knocked on the window behind me. (by Nika P.)
- … something creaked on the top floor. (by Lucija K.)
- … the door closed. (by Ana S.)
- … we heard a noise coming from downstairs. (by Maja M.)
- … we heard a scary noise upstairs. (by Timotej J.)
- … we heard loud noises from upstairs. (by Tadej F.)
- … we heard someone screaming. (by Patricija T.)
- … we saw the weather getting better. (by Benjamin L.)
- … we suddenly heard something. (by Tjaša V.)
- … we went around the house. (by Sebastjan O.)
- Ghost calling (by Tina B.)
AN EXPEDITION TO AN UNKNOWN PLANET
POVERTY AND HUNGER
Write a composition in which you discuss the following topics:
1) How are poverty and hunger related?
2) Give an example which shows how people suffered from poverty and hunger in the past. Has mankind learned anything from this example?
3) Are poverty and hunger a problem in a nowadays world? Give and discuss at least two different examples.
4) How would you eradicate poverty and hunger?
5) What are you thankful for in your life?
What are we like as people and friends? Are friends important to us? What qualities should a good friend have? Who are our best friends and what are they like? Read what we think about friendship.
EUROPEAN DAY OF LANGUAGES
ANIMALS SPEAK (FOREIGN LANGUAGES), TOO! 🙂
We celebrated the European Day of Languages 2014 by taking part in the competition organised by IATEFL Slovenia. This year’s topic was “Sličnoglasje ali onomatopoija” (i.e. “Onomatopoeia”). Our pupils created different types of texts (and drawings :-)), e.g. comics, jokes, limericks and stories. You can find all their contributions here:
Some of our pupils’ texts were also published in IATEFL Slovenia’s e-book:
UPSIDE-DOWN FAIRY TALES
We celebrated the European Day of Languages 2015 by taking part in the competition organised by IATEFL Slovenia. This year’s topic was “(Pozabljene) zakladnice besed” (i.e. “(Forgotten) Treasure Troves of Words”). You can find our upside-down fairy tales here: